Saturday, February 12, 2011

Korean food, yay!!

In true asian fashion, I should technically be posting photos of the amazing food I just shoved down my throat with a trowel, but I'll leave it to your imagination. I dunno what it is with me and kimchi, but it gets me every time! I'm not a huge fan of spicy food, but the mix of spices in the kimchi recipe is just... perfection to my palate. I'd put that s**t on everything, like the old lady said.

And then Bibimbap... it's so simple! A hot pot, some sticky rice, tomato sauce, egg, some veggies, some minced pork, and there you go! Add some (yummy) kimchi to the mix, and you got one happy Katsy!! I can even live with the fact that there's pork in it (which I really shouldn't), but I guess you can easily substitute the pork for some seitan or even tofu. I just love the principle of a hotpot, your food still cooks slowly as you eat, so you never end up with cold food because of your big mouth (coughs).

Variations on a theme, this is a making-of video of a korean cosmetics brand's commercial, feat. Dara of (soon to be famous) k-pop group 2NE1.



Almost makes me want orange lipstick. :P And those cupcakes are dreamy!!



Aww, why not more 2ne1!!! I wanted to share this with some friends anyhow, I stumbled upon this girl that makes english covers of various 2ne1 songs, and some other artists too. Check out the sidebar links and check moamelodyfandub for more of her stuff, she's pretty good!


She's pretty good, eh? Then browsing more videos, I stumbled upon... this next video, that somehow bare a lot of resemblance to Usher's DJ Got Us Falling In Love...


A wise friend of mine told me recently about some copyrights issues with YG (not to say plagiarism..), so I'm not really THAT surprised, but it's funny how they can come up with such great original material sometimes, and at others they give us this half-chewed bullshit. Song's still catchy, and dare I say a lot less lame than V.V.I.P. That was like.. the worse choreography EVER, and an overall bleh song. But that sound... that one keyboard sound... give it up Teddy, it's overused. WAY overused. There, I said it. Could it be that I'm catching the Big Bang bug?! Not entirely... I still think GD is waaay too gay, and he doesn't even like boys. Just a whole lot of manners, and a whole lot of... "too much" -ness. ^^;

Anyhow, I need to go to bed now, so.. yes, more korean at some other time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment