Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stress Sickness

All these years, I thought I wasn't a stressed out person... when in actuality, I was just ignoring my stress altogether. Yesterday (and continuing today), I found that out the hard way. Things have been awful at work. And by awful I mean downright gnarly. On one side you got the infamous accountant, that's so damn rude and doesn't have a clue when it comes to being polite (and mind you, the bosses know and accept that fact), then there's the underlining war between my co-worker and supervisor, which is not only sucking the energy right out of me, but it makes me doubt I can do this job much longer. Even less on long term.

It sucks, because this place has potential. I can't afford to pay for my own food and shelter alone with the salary I gain, and I keep getting sick and missing work because it exhausts me completely in two weeks time. I can't seem to see the end of it, and I HATE looking for jobs and "selling myself", as they say. I'm not for sale, I'm a smart, capable, sensible (and sensitive) human being, and really, I'm not asking too much, am I? A good work environment. A decent wage. POLITE co-workers, that don't go berserk on me when they're pissed at something else. I know I know, it's soooo hard to be nice! (not.)

Anyhow, I'll go rest, perhaps the nausea, back pain and headache will go away... and I hope so, because I can't miss work tommorow.

Edit: That being said, I can't just sit on my ass and ponder on how miserable I am all day, so I decided to inspire myself, despite the headaches, first by watching Richard Feynman's Pleasure of Finding Things Out, followed by the first episode of Carl Sagan's Cosmos - The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean (1980). The latter led me to research the Ancient Library of Alexandria, and other great libraries of the world. Truly an interesting matter, worth investigating further when my head is not throbbing!

Awww, precious knowledge... I heart you.

No comments:

Post a Comment