Friday, February 11, 2011

My path to wisdom

I realized as I began deleting all my blogs, even the unborn infant blog I created last week in a last tentative at fashion/beauty blogging. It's just not me. Not ALL me. A part of me, definitely, but I needed something wider, deeper, comical but intellectual, entertaining and stimulating. I'm a poster child for curiosity, I watch documentaries and read on so many different subjects, I'm passionate about many different things, and I simply never really allowed myself the liberty of showing ALL my colors. In life or on paper/screen.

I began dabbling with the internet when I was 12 years old. I designed my first personal web page using HTML code before I hit 13. I finished elementary school with 100% in french writing (I'm french canadian BTW), 99% in math, and I'm not saying this to brag but to assess the levels of curiosity and thirst for knowledge involved at this early age.


When I was in elementary school, I discovered the wonderful world of "projects". Those were reports we'd have to produce over some period of time, often in teams, and often involving a general "theme" of some sort. One year, we were given fertilized eggs, and we had to take care of them in incubators, until we witnessed the miracle of life (read: see chicks hatch out of their eggshells). Well I would do some of my own "projects" at home, and research subjects that interested me. I grew out of that.

I feel like I grew out of many things I shouldn't have. Finding my old web page on the internet archives was an eye-opening experience, in the sense that it made me realize I had something to say, in the midst of it all, and I need to pick up on writing down my thoughts and finds, if I so want to fancy myself a writer of some sort.

What do I want to write?

Who do I want to write for?

Right now, I want to write about... everything. I need to write for myself and for posterity, but also to share and dissect the wisdom and meaning behind all the knowledge I tend to accumulate aimlessly. I wanna dig through all that good stuff, whether it's Chanel's most recent collection or a documentary on the Hubble Space Telescope, and I hope this blog will serve this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment